Minor Program: It is the program that enables the student enrolled in a diploma program to receive a certificate (sub-branch certificate) which does not replace the diploma by taking a limited number of courses on a specific subject within the scope of another diploma program within the same higher education institution, provided that it meets the required conditions.
As per the Higher Education Regulation;
- Only the certificate of achievement (minor certificate) is issued to those completing the minor programs. These documents do not replace diplomas.
- Quotas for minor programs are determined by the board of directors who decide to open the relevant program.
- Applications are evaluated by the relevant boards of directors in which the program is carried out.
- The student can apply to the minor program at the beginning of the third semester at the earliest and the sixth semester at the latest.
- Students who have successfully completed all the credit courses in the undergraduate program taken until the semester they apply can apply to the minor program.
- The students must have a minimum GPA of 65 out of 100 in their major program at the time of application.
- The student whose application is accepted to the minor program is obliged to take the courses determined by the senate decision and to pass these courses within the scope of the minor program. These courses are decided between the relevant departments and submitted to the approval of the related faculty boards and university senate.
- In order to continue the minor program, the student must have a grade point average of at least 60 out of 100 in the major program. Students who fail to meet this requirement will be dismissed from the minor program.
- Students who have the right to graduate from the major program but fail to complete the minor program are given a maximum of one semester by the decision of the related board of directors.
- The student’s success in the minor program does not affect his / her graduation in the major program.
- Minor students may voluntarily leave the program in any semester of their studies. Students who have been deregistered from the minor program cannot re-register for the same minor program.
- Students who have not taken courses in the minor program for two consecutive semesters are deleted from this program.
- How the courses taken by the students who are excluded from the minor program will be evaluated by the Senate.
- With the decision of the Senate, new requirements may be introduced in addition to those specified in the Higher Education Regulation on the minor programs and the proposed minimum achievement grades may be increased.