Double Major Program: It is the program that enables students to take courses from two deparments of the same higher education institution simultaneously and obtain two separate diplomas.
As per the Higher Education Regulation;
- Admission of students to the double major diploma program is carried out with the approval of the Faculty Administrative Board upon the suggestion of the relevant department.
- It is not possible to register for more than one double major program at the same time. However, the double major diploma can be registered with a minor program simultaneously.
- The student in the second major diploma program can transfer to the second major diploma program when it meets the requirements of the internal transition provisions in the major diploma program.
- Students can apply to the second major diploma program at the third semester, the earliest and at the beginning of the fifth semester, the latest.
- At the time of application, students who have a GPA of at least 70 out of 100 and who are in the top twenty percent of the relevant degree of the program can apply to the second major program.
- In order to apply for a double major program, the student must successfully complete all courses taken in the major program until the semester he / she applies for the double major.
- The graduation diploma can be given to the students who are continuing the second major program only if they have graduated from the first major program.
- The courses taken by the student studying in the double major program and the equivalents accepted in the major program are shown in the transcript.
- Students who have the right to graduate from the major diploma program but fail to complete the second major diploma program can have a maximum of two more semesters to finish their second major with the decision of the board of directors of the faculty where the second major diploma program is located.
- Students who have not taken courses from the double major program for two consecutive semesters are dismissed from the second major diploma program.
- How the courses taken in the second major program by the students who are excluded from the double major program are evaluated by the senate.
- With the decision of the Senate, new conditions may be introduced in addition to those specified in this regulation regarding double major programs and the minimum achievement grades foreseen may be increased.